What's the best way to rename a Titanium project? Also, is there a way to order the projects in your Titanium Developer project list?
Hi there Christopher
I found the best way to rename a project is to create a new one and copy/paste the contents of the resources folder. I don't think the order of projects can be altered.
Clients change their mind about app names a lot and creating a new project and copy + pasting the files across is a pain, especially with remote GitHub repos etc.
Here's a description of what works for me with Titanium Studio.
(Make backups and don't blame me if you lose your work trying this…)
- Create a new Ti project in studio with the name that you want. e.g. NewName
- Open the new project's TiApp.xml and view the XML
- Copy the guid
- Right click the new project and rename it. e.g. NewNameXXX
- Right click your old project and rename it to the new name e.g. oldName->NewName
- Edit TiApp.xml and manifest, paste in the new GuiD, comment out the old one if you want to be able to go back.
- Force a clean rebuild by deleting projectdir/build/iphone/* and build
My guess is that the guid ties into Appcelerator's database of apps, and any changes you make to the project's tiapp/manifest files will have no effect on the app's name. I don't know if this DB is local or hosted by Appcelerator.
I'll be more than happy to be corrected or hear of a better way to do this.
Hope that helps someone.
An approach that worked for us was the following.
1) Delete the 'iPhone' folder in the 'Build' folder.
2) Change the App Name in the tiapp.xml file ( <name>APP NAME HERE</name>)
This should recreate the XCODE project with the new name.
Yep, agree with Chris. That's the same process I use when I want to rename a project.
If I'm not mistaken there's a sqlite database that Developer uses to keep track of your apps, so I guess if you can find that you might be able to rename and reorder things in there, but not sure it's worth it.