I'm using remote images within a table view and don't seem to be getting very far. I've tried imageViews and webViews, both with similar issues:
images show up randomly
images change position within the table while scrolling (!), jumping literally between rows
images are never loaded
scrolling a few times up and down crashes the application (!)
The images I'm loading are "transporting" parameters in the URL ( http://www.foo.com/bar.jpg?…) and might sometimes take longer to load, since they're dynamically generated.
Has anyone had similar experiences with a case like this? Any hint of any kind would be highly appreciated.
(Btw. — docs for list syntax here at the Q&A are incorrect.)
Make sure each row has a row.className - it can be any string - make these different/unique if the rows are to have different layouts/content.
This has helped me immensely.
Adding classnames defintely helps performance. I still get random crashes when scrolling quickly though. Last crash started with:
TRACE] D/skia ( 1541): — SkImageDecoder::Factory returned null
[TRACE] W/dalvikvm( 1541): threadid=41: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001aa28)
[TRACE] E/TiUncaughtHandler( 1541): (AsyncTask #10) [19096,35117] Sending event: exception on thread: AsyncTask #10 msg:java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occured while executing doInBackground()
Thanks for your reply. I'm currently using the classnames. I found that the problem was the way I had attached those images to the row, A little weird IMO but it works now. If I find the time I'll post my solution. Nothing special, though.
Gregor, you just solved my rendering problem. Thanks!
Hi Gregor Munro
Thanks , it solved my problem .