I love TD and played with it quite a bit on my own device.
I've tried to submit a simple app to apple and got rejected on 2 accounts - user experience and private api's in use.
This is concerning matter as this app is pretty much the simplest app I've ever made. it opens a table with 3 rows of data, each linking to a different webview of my site.
The message I got was this -
"your application is using private APIs. Use of non-public APIs, which as outlined in the iPhone Developer Program License Agreement section 3.3.1, is prohibited:
"3.3.1 Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs."
The following non-public APIs are included in your application:
If you have defined methods in your source code with the same names as the above mentioned APIs, we suggest altering your method names so that they no longer collide with Apple's private APIs to avoid your application being flagged with future submissions."
I would like to know how to avoid/resolve these issues before I get more serious with this product.
Thanks in advance,
Hey, this question was resolved sometime ago.
But, what's your titanium sdk version? The previous version to 1.1 has a unicode problem, that trigger an error on apple's scan.
This issue was fixed in the titanium sdk 1.1.x
You must upgrade your project sdk.
Check it out: About the iPhone private API in use - http://developer.appcelerator.com/question/3921/about-the-iphone-private-api-in-use
If you dont understand something or want more details, so, ask me ^^
which release of titanium mobile did you use when submitting your app?
Well, you should use titanium sdk 1.1.1 or newer versions.
Currently, I use the latest version, sdk 1.1.2
For your user experience part of the rejection, I think this is the problem:
"…this app is pretty much the simplest app I've ever made. it opens a table with 3 rows of data, each linking to a different webview of my site."
Apple has been cracking down recently on overly simple apps, apparently to try to push things into web apps that can be accomplished online with no loss of functionality (think all of those spammy apps that just RSS 10 pictures of bikini models for $0.99). Here's a TechCrunch article on an app that got rejected recently for that kind of reason.
I've just rechecked and I used 1.0. I've upgraded to 1.1.2 and hope this will solve my utf issues.
If the problem resurfaces I will update.
As for the user experience problem - I knew it might be an issue.
Apple rejected my app from this reason mainly and notified me about the issues as well.
I wanted to test the IDE before I undergo a serious project.
today I have the same problem, when I used SDK 2.0.0.v2…
I try it now with a 1.8.2 compiled version and hope it's working.