I know the whole ad hoc process is tedious but I can't afford the real thing.
I have an iPad app just arrived in the app store, it works perfectly in the simulator but my first customer says it does not work on his iPad.
Basically I have tried to crudely reproduce the original Ti Contact Picker because the current one is broken and they don't seem in any hurry to fix it.
The customer says absolutely nothing happens when he presses the button which should bring up a Contact List.
There is no point in me posting code here because it works every time for me in the simulator.
(I have withdrawn the app from sale pending a fix, but of course it will have to go through the whole lengthy review process again)
I'll be happy to.
Hit me up at cobrainc (at) gmail, I'll test it for you.
How could I mark the best answer - they are all great answers.
Actually it was just dumb of me to upload a whole 13 megabyte partial project.
Here is the whole source code and images in 560 KB - you just need to make a new project and put these files in the Resources folder (and the Resources/iphone folder for the splash screen and icons.)
You will need the account:
Your user is correct. Nothing happens when I click on contacts. But the same happens in the simulator. While testing ur "Test Contact" prj that you sent me, I did get an error on this line: "contacts = contacts.sort(sortNames);" stating that sort is not a function, so I'm guessing this is where your problem lies. I'm currently short on time, else I would have tested more but let me know if you want me to test anything else.
Which mobile sdk are you using btw?
I have tested that sort function and watched every step of it using info, and Titanium seems to support it with no problems.
The same code installs and runs without any problems on my iPod Touch.
Is there nobody except me who can get this code working?
Hi man, i think i might figured out your problem. If the contact obj has blank field (in your code you have c.lastName or c.firstname), tableview will not load. So i trapped those fields and assign them to some value if blank or null and it's now working on iPad simulator and device.
You can duplicate the problem on the iPad simulator, try create a contact with just last name, leave the first name empty for example.
Hey Daniel I'm an idiot. I was leaving the first name field blank, of course I'm sorting on the last name field. When I leave out the last name, I get the dead-button syndrome too.
Now I'm embarrassed at sounding off against Titanium, but I guess they'll get over it.
Although I tested it with a large Contact list, I just happen to be one of those people who always puts in the full name.
And for what it's worth, Apple's tests aren't as draconian as people think :)
Regards and thanks again,