I updated an iPhone app using the 4.0 patch and the same despairing attempt to fix the useless, crashing Titanium Contact Picker. I asked Apple nicely for an expedited review and stated that the reason for the update was that the Contacts picker was crap.
Apple agreed, and I have to assume they at least pressed the button to check the contacts picker. It works perfectly on my iPod Touch.
First customer to update says the button does absolutely nothing when pressed, just like the same problem I am having with the iPad version (q.v)
There is a big problem here somewhere that Titanium does not seem willing to address, and I can't even see what it might be.
1) I click Run Emulator. app runs perfectly.
2) I click Run on Device. App works perfectly. I use it every day.
3) I click Distribute and upload to the app store. Apple may or may not check the app, though one would assume they at least press the buttons.
4) Customers report it does not work. Button gives zero response. Not only with 1.2.0 on the iPhone but 1.3.0 on the iPad.
It seems to me that what is being uploaded to the app store is not what is being installed on my device.
I now have two apps withdrawn from sale - and Apple advises that I cannot revert to the prior version.
I would happily drag Titanium to the trash, except that I have customers to support - I have sold lots of the iPod/iPhone version of this app, with ZERO support issues.
I would be very glad of any suggestions. I can't revert to sdk 0.9 or 1.0 before they broke the Contact Picker because then the text area didn't work.
In fact it's difficult for me to see how any of these alleged thousands of Titanium users manage to get any apps in the store at all, given the number of basic iPhone functions that simply do not work with Titanium.
See post 7, hope catching the blank field solved your problem. Good Luck.
Daniel, thanks a lot for testing for the blank field. I am sure it's something I should have put in there - the problem is I have just created a dummy Contact in both the iPad simulator and the iPhone simulator, and tried versions of the app compiled with 1.2.0 and 1.3.0 - and the contacts button works just fine.
I just did the same with my real iPod Touch, and it just displays 'null NoName 123456789' but otherwise works just fine.
This is going to drive me mad…
Hey Daniel I'm an idiot. I was leaving the first name field blank, of course I'm sorting on the last name field. When I leave out the last name, I get the dead-button syndrome too.
Now I'm embarrassed at sounding off against Titanium, but I guess they'll get over it.
Although I tested it with a large Contact list, I just happen to be one of those people who always puts in the full name.
And for what it's worth, Apple's tests aren't as draconian as people think :)
Regards and thanks again,