Actually i seen this behavior on last version but not certain but this time i am!
With 1.3.2, Install app aka Run on Device is buggy, sometimes it builds really fast, like less than 10 seconds, others took at least 3 times as long. The short version, despite the whole update progress went though, it never updated app on the device. only the long version does! I have tried this over, at least 20-30 times now? Same result observed.
So now, whenever i have to test app on the device, i have to build twice to make sure it's installed correctly. That make me wonder about the production build!
Same problems here. Except it takes sometimes more than just 2 tries to get the latest version onto the iPhone.
If you suspect that there were issues in building your project, check build/iphone/build/build.log for detailed build output - you will usually notice an error at the bottom of that file (if there was one).
Same problem. 1.3.3, iPhone SDK 4.0, 3G phone. libTiCore patch in place.
Fresh clean project.
I've actually seen it replace my Default image correctly on the first install to device, but not update the rest of the app.
Most recent instance:
First install, approx 16 seconds until it switches to iTunes. Install not completed correctly. Mac CPU temp rises 2 or 3 degrees.
Second install, approx 67 seconds until it switches to iTunes. Install is complete. Mac CPU temp rises 16 to 20 degrees … a good indication that a lot more is going on during the second install attempt.
what i do now is - build for device, when it says replace, click cancel and then click install again, seems to work,
and yes i have spent ages wondering why the changes i made don't seem to be working, i also change a label name sometimes to confirm it's the latest build
In answer to Kevin Whinnery the build log says…
Same here. What's going on. Please answer appcelerator folks!