Like so many others, I'm getting an error when attempting to package my app (in my case, for Android). I get just "Packaging Error" as the message with no further details. I'm sure I'm entering the password correctly. I've confirmed the alias using:
keytool -list -v -keystore MYKEYSTORE
Is there a log some place or some way to find out further what's causing this?
Titanium Developer 1.2.1 with SDK 1.4.1 (09/16/10 19:46 f634bc) on Windows. The app compiles and runs fine in the emulator and on my Droid.
Could I just sign the myapp-unsigned.apk file using jarsigner? See http://developer.android.com/guide/publishing/app-signing.html
That usually occurs when one piece of information is incorrect, most commonly the alias. Please see the HowTo: Package for the Android Market
Thanks Don. But, I've checked with the keytool utility, so I know I'm using the right alias. And, I wouldn't be able to use keytool without the password so I know I have that right (besides, I have it saved in my KeePass database). I use the Browse buttons for the location and keystore location fields, so I know they're right too.
If I close Developer, kill the adb.exe process, then restart the whole packaging procedure, it almost looks like the packaging might work. The error doesn't pop up…but, nothing happens either. After an hour and a half, no files were generated. Task Manager shows zero CPU usage by Developer though a slightly increasing memory usage over time (8K increase every 30 sec. or so); adb.exe also shows no CPU usage.
Here's an excerpt of my key, good till 2038.
Alias name: d2d Creation date: Sep 10, 2010 Entry type: PrivateKeyEntry Certificate chain length: 1 ... Valid from: Fri Sep 10 17:35:03 EDT 2010 until: Tue Jan 26 16:35:03 EST 2038 Certificate fingerprints:
I tried upgrading to the newest nightly SDK build - no change
I updated my Android SDK (new ver. 7 tools available) - no change
I updated my Java SDK - no change
I completely powered off & pulled the laptop's battery, then restarted. Then, I deleted everything in my project's build directory. With nothing but Developer & the emulator running, the build for distribution process actually worked!
But now, even though the app runs in the emulator, it won't run on my droid. It worked just fine before. I've tried recompiling a few times, even with older SDKs, same result.