Hi I'm attempting to launch the most basic app (HelloWorld) and every time it seem to get stuck on:
"[DEBUG] Waiting for device to be ready …"
Even if I select Launch again (after the emulator has started) the same debug error occurs.
I am getting the same error on both my pc and laptop both are Windows 7 x64, laptop is ultimate and pc is professional.
When I first followed the install process the command line reference to "android" was not working, however at that point the emulator would start and launch a HelloWorld project. However it all failed when I attempted to run the KitchenSink app. At this point I assumed the error was related to the 'android' reference not being set-up correctly. I repaired that (a random copy and paste error, the paste from the .pdf doc failed a paste from explorer with exactly the same text worked), after that everything stopped working.
At this point I installed everything on my laptop (following the install procedure exactly) again this worked initially. I then moved on and tried the KitchenSink app and everything stopped working.
Since then I have done a complete reinstall of android and titanium on the pc and I get the same error.
I have noticed that when the emulator starts, every time a console Java windows opens and says "Error Loading Preferences", not sure if this might be related to my problem.
This is really annoying as I am considering appcelerator for a corporate development project.
Are you using 32 bit Java?
I should also note that the emulator doesn't even start if I select Titanium SDK 1.4.0, nothing happens when I do this. The emulator only starts if I select Titanium SDK 1.2.0.
I found part of the answer to my problem here:
With the reference in Path to "C:\android-sdk\tools" the emulator will not launch, however when I change the reference to "C:\android-sdk-tools" the emulator launches correctly. Such a strange bug, hope the null reference does cause problems later……
I also put Java 32bit on my 64bit Windows before finding that solution, I'm not sure if that contributed to my success. Other things I did that have contributed to my success:
Disabled Windows firewall,
Disabled Windows Security Essentials,
Installed Java DK to the default location.